Germicidal Air Flow Chamber
The GAB sits in recessed grid ceilings and provides germicidal cleansing in rooms. It features aluminum construction with a white powder coat finish. Surface fans circulate air into the chamber in the back of the fixture, where 254nm UVC lamps cleanse the air of all airborne pathogens (viruses, including SARS-CoV-2, bacteria and spores). Since the chamber is mounted in the back of the fixture, individuals in the room are shielded from exposure. So it is safe to remain in the room while the GAB is hard at work cleaning the air. A similar fixture with a down light component is available in the GAC. The GAB is part of the UVFocus line of pathogen eradicating luminaires.
Note: Successful UV disinfection requires a systems approach taking into account dose, optics and safety relevant to the specific application. Please consult with the factory any questions or concerns. For any inquiries about this product, email us at email@example.com. You can also call us toll-free at 1-866-UVFOCUS.
- Applications: Suitable for most commercial and institutional applications - office, retail, classrooms, healthcare facilities
- Wattage: 40W in the 2x2, 80W in the 2x4
- Size Options: 2x2, 2x4
- Fan CFM: 108 in the 2x2; 216 in the 2x4 unit
- Fan Decibels: 30 in the 2x2; 33 in the 2x4 unit
- Made in the USA utilizing mostly domestic and some foreign components
Pure, clean illumination
Inside the rear disinfection chamber of the GAB, lamps emitting 254nm UVC wavelengths cleanse the air that is circulating inside and inactivate airborne pathogens. The air is then re-circulated into the room.