Germicidal Wall-Mounted Direct Luminaire
The GCD provides germicidal luminaire provides pathogen eradication in unoccupied rooms. The GCD hangs in the corner where the wall meets the ceiling. It utilizes low-wattage, ozone-free GUVT8 lamps to provide 254nm UVC illumination to reduce airborne pathogens. UVC at 254nm is capable of inactivating 99-plus percent of all bacteria and viruses (including SARS-CoV-2). Eradication time for specific pathogens varies depending on time and dose. A reverse occupancy sensor powers off the unit when a person is detected in the occupancy zone. The unit powers back on once the area is unoccupied again for a period of time. Wireguards come standard. . The electronic ballast on the GCD is specifically matched to the lamps for optimal performance and lifetime. The GCD is part of the UVFocus product line of pathogen eradicating luminaires.
Note: UVFocus products are designed utilizing proven germicidal and antibacterial technology. UVC 254nm products work to deactivate most common viruses (as well as bacteria, molds and yeasts), and 405nm near-UV products are shown to substantially reduce bacterial presence. While these products can be considered disinfecting products, they should be used in conjunction with standard, proper disinfecting cleaning procedures to have the greatest impact for maintaining a clean environment. Successful UV disinfection requires a systems approach taking into account dose, optics and safety relevant to the specific application. Please consult with factory any questions or concerns. Please visit our UVFocus Safety page (link below) to learn more information.
For any inquiries about this product, email us at email@example.com, or use the inquiry form at the bottom of this page. You can also call us toll free at 1-866-UVFOCUS.
- Applications: Suitable for most commercial and institutional applications: lobbies, hallways, offices, bathrooms, conference rooms, hotels, retail
- UVC Out of Fixture: 11,757 mW
- Input Watts: 42W
- Lamp Useful Life: 18,000 hours
- Size Options: 4 foot
- Finish Options: Silver (standard), white, black, stainless steel
- Warranty: 3 year limited system warranty (excludes lamps). Lamps covered under manufacturer warranty
- Made in the USA, in our Henderson, NC facility, utilizing mostly domestic and some foreign components
- Caution: This product is intended for use in unoccupied rooms only. At 254nm, direct UVC irradiation is not safe for humans. Avoid looking directly at the light and take necessary precautions during installation and maintenance of this product. Lamps used in this product contain mercury. Each product ships with warning labels on the fixture and safety handling guides in the cartons. Please read and heed all safety instructions before using this product.
Durable design, high performance
The GCD housing is constructed of durable cold rolled steel, with a silver (standard), white or black powder coat finish. A stainless steel option is available. The aluminum reflector is optimized for dispersion of UVC wavelength for the irradiation of pathogens.