Germicidal Upper Air Sconce
The GUA S is a wall-mounted sconce designed for upper air germicidal irradiation. These fixtures utilize low-wattage, ozone-free GUVT8 lamps that reduce airborne pathogens using 254nm UVC. When mounted at the specified height, the UVC light will cleanse the upper air in the room and will not come into contact with humans or animals. A proximity detection sensor comes standard with each GUA. This sensor turns off the fixture when motion is detected in the irradiation zone. For safety, a red light indicates power to the ballast, and a green light indicates the lamp is running. The green light will go out if the lamp fails. The electronic ballast is specifically matched to the lamps for optimal performance and lifetime. A pendant mount version is also available - the GUA P. The GUA S is part of the UVFocus product line of pathogen eradicating luminaires.
Note: UVFocus products are designed utilizing proven germicidal and antibacterial technology. UVC 254nm products work to deactivate most common viruses (as well as bacteria, molds and yeasts), and 405nm near-UV products are shown to substantially reduce bacterial presence. While these products can be considered disinfecting products, they should be used in conjunction with standard, proper disinfecting cleaning procedures to have the greatest impact for maintaining a clean environment. Successful UV disinfection requires a systems approach taking into account dose, optics and safety relevant to the specific application. Please consult with factory any questions or concerns. Please visit our UVFocus Safety page (link below) to learn more information.
For any inquiries about this product, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the inquiry form at the bottom of this page. You can also call us toll-free at 1-866-UVFOCUS.
- Applications: Suitable for most commercial and institutional wall mount applications: lobbies, hallways, offices, bathrooms, conference rooms, hotels, retail
- Size Options: 2 foot (25W) and 4 foot (36W)
- Nominal UVC: 7.5W in 2-foot, 15.5W in 4-foot
- UVC Out of Fixture: 6.07W in 2-foot, 12.54 in 4-foot
- Bare Lamp Irradiance: 68.6 uW/cm^2 in 2-foot version, 145 uW/cm^2 in 4-foot version
- Lamp Useful Life: 18,000 hours
- Finish Options: Silver (standard), white, black, stainless steel
- Warranty: 3 year limited system warranty (excludes lamps). Lamps covered under manufacturer warranty
- Made in the USA, in our Henderson, NC facility, utilizing mostly domestic and some foreign components
- Caution: Avoid looking directly at the light and take all necessary precautions during installation or maintenance of this product. Lamps used in this product contain mercury.
Click to enlarge
Engineered for pathogen irradiation
The GUA S is constructed of durable cold rolled steel with a silver (standard), white or black powder coat finish. A stainless steel housing is optional. The polished aluminum reflector is engineered for optimal dispersion of UVC wavelength for irradiation of pathogens.