Pathogen eradication solutions
LumenFocus offers many different options for pathogen eradication in occupied spaces. Our PathogenFocus products include Air Disinfection Biosecurity (ADB) units that work either in conjunction with your existing HVAC or as standalone units. These products neutralize bacteria and viruses quickly and effectively. We also offer pathogen eradicating fixtures with our UVFocus product line.
Air Disinfection Biosecurity (ADB) Technology: 24/7 365 Continuous Air and Surface Disinfection
ADB Technology is shown to dramatically and continually reduce the spread of pathogens, regardless of transmission mode (fomite, aerosol, or ballistic). This technology is scientifically validated to reduce up to 99.99 percent of common pathogens while generating continuous, chemical-free sanitation - neutralizing airborne and surface microorganisms without leaving behind any residue.
Areas of application include:
- Meeting rooms
- Break rooms
- Locker rooms
- Work areas
- Cafeteria/food preparation
- Business public areas
ADB systems are EPA registered in compliance with USDA National Organic Standards, within OSHA worker health guidelines. 100-plus scientific studies, and thousands of installations worldwide prove ADB controls disease-causing pathogens - including human coronavirus in the air and on surfaces.
Protects against viruses and bacteria
- Neutralizes up to 99.99 percent of aerosolized viruses (human coronavirus, influenza, norovirus, etc.) within seconds; neutralizes bacteria (listeria, salmonella, E. coli, MRSA, campylobacter, etc.) on surfaces in minutes
- Reduces cross-contamination, controls unpleasant odors
- Minimizes harmful Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Works in conjunction with existing HVAC or as standalone units
How does ADB perform against common pathogens?
Why use ADB Technology?
- Rapid and continual antimicrobial (viruses, bacteria, fungus) even in hard-to-reach areas
- Long-term cost savings in chemical use and staff labor
- Built-in smart controller for ease of use
- No downtime - safe to use in the presence of people
- Chemical-free and residue-free
- No air filtration, ionizers, irradiation or harmful UV components
Airborne diseases are not a new problem, but with the COVID-19 pandemic, the responsibility to maintain safe environments is more important than ever. ADB provides a comprehensive disinfection solution to achieve a superior air quality safety threshold, and creates and maintains a safe zone while operating at normal occupancy levels.
ADB proactively eliminates airborne pathogens and distributes an array of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) including Hydrogen Peroxide (H202) into the treatment space that continuously sanitizes ambient air and indoor surfaces. Using this technology, treatment is not limited to line-of-sight or physical distance. ADB can be safely delivered in occupied spaces, therefore it does not negatively impact workflow or customer throughput. The units work in conjunction with a facility's existing HVAC/air handling system, or as standalone units, and can be scaled to any size treatment space without sacrificing treatment efficacy.
How does it work?
ADB is a scientifically validated antiviral and antimicrobial technology that achieves continuous inactivation and neutralization of viruses, pathogenic bacteria, molds, fungus and mildew through an advanced surface and air sanitation process.
ADB is not a passive air filtration ionizer or UV light system, nor is it an ozone generator that relies upon uncontrolled harmful concentration levels to have some control effect. Rather, ADB is leading with a cutting-edge H202 non-thermal plasma technology which reduces microbial and viral loads in a safe, rapid, and cost-effective manner.
ADB technology is based on the activation of ambient-level oxygen with high frequency controlled pulses to stabilize oxygen-derived particles.
This combination of oxygen by-products are highly charged molecules, including H202, capable of interacting with exposed, surface and air microorganisms, interrupting the cellular structure, thus rendering them inactive. ADB units work in tandem with HVAC and air handling systems or as standalone equipment, mitigating a wide range of disease-causing microbes and thus reducing the incidence of infections.
ADB is a safe, scientifically validated antiviral and antimicrobial technology that achieves continuous inactivation and neutralization of many pathogens, including viruses, bacteria, molds, mildews and volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Our products are available for use in existing HVAC systems and standalone units, tailored to your interior space, ranging from hundreds to several thousand square feet. Our engineers are dedicated to designing the best solution for your specific needs. We maintain enough inventory so that small to medium orders can be fulfilled quickly (2-4 weeks), and most tailored solutions can be designed, configured and delivered in 4-6 weeks.
Purchase includes the Control unit, encoding, activation and calibration, 12-month limited warranty, 1-hour operator orientation.
Click on an image below to download the product's spec sheet (.pdf).
the PIC - small, lightweight particle ionization unit
The PIC provides pathogen eradication through the distribution of ions. This unit is a bipolar ionization chamber that can be wall-mounted. It also small enough to sit on your desktop. The PIC is lightweight and easy to handle. The side-mounted fan pulls air inside and across the internal bipolar ionization unit. Ions are then broadcast a significant distance into the room through vents on the opposite side. The PIC eradicates pathogens - bacteria, molds and viruses - and neutralizes odors. It provides particle reduction and smoke control.
Pathogen eradication: a systems approach
We understand that there are multiple facets to fighting pathogen infiltration in your space, which is why we are equipped with several ways to attack this problem. Your application may require a combination of efforts to achieve the desired amount of safety and cleanliness. By combining ADB technology with our UVFocus product line of pathogen eradicating luminaires, we can design a system to help keep your employees and patrons as safe and healthy as possible.
Click links below to view .pdf documents.
Effectiveness vs. Viruses:
- Human coronavirus (HCoV-NL63, surface) - 99.99% log reduction in 15 minutes
- Human coronavirus (HCoV-NL63, airborne) - Non-detectable in 15 seconds when tested with levels slightly higher than found in nature
- Influenza A (H1N1, airborne) - Non-detectable in 15 seconds when tested level slightly higher than found in nature
Effectiveness vs. Bacteria:
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA - surface) - 99.99% log reduction in 30 minutes
- E. Coli (airborne) - 99.99% log reduction in 4 minutes, non-detectable in 5 minutes
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa (surface) - 99.99% log reduction in 30 minutes
- Salmonella enteritidis (surface) - 99.99% log reduction in 30 minutes
- Geobacillus stearothermophilus (surface) - 96.8% log reduction in 30 minutes; 99.9% log reduction in 60 minutes
- Geobacillus stearothermophilus (airborne) - 99.998% log reduction in 5 minutes, non-detectable in under 30 minutes
Effectiveness vs. Fungi:
- Candida auris (surface) - 99.99% log reduction in 30 minutes
- Candida auris (airborne) - 99.996% log reduction in 4 minutes; non-detectable in 5 minutes
- Review of airborne pathogens in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- ADB efficacy in inactivating microorganisms in a hospital emergency room
- ADB efficacy in mitigating airborne and surface pathogens in the healthcare system
- Pre- and in-treatment air and surface report in a school
- Pre- and in-treatment air and surface report in a fitness environment
- ADB technology's effect in creating a safer environment for control of human coronavirus on various inoculated surfaces - Food Safety Management Group
- Test to evaluate the ability of ADB technology to eliminate Influenza A virus (H1N1) - Food Safety & Process Technology
- Effect of a reactive oxygen species-generating system for control of airborne microorganisms in a meat processing environment - US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Food Safety Laboratory
- Treatment of beef carcass tissue in simulated cold storage for control of E. Coli and salmonella using AMS surface and air sanitation technology - Food Safety Systems LLC
- Treatment of inoculated sliced turkey breast for control of listeria monocytogenes using AMS surface and air sanitation technology - Food Safety Systems LLC