LumenFocus’ GUA and GCD series of germicidal luminaires utilize ozone-free GUVT8 lamps that are designed to reduce airborne pathogens. However, caution should be exercised when handling or installing these products as they could create a potentially hazardous situation if instructions are not followed precisely.
Please read the below before handling any UVC products. For any questions about UVFocus products, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call us toll free at 1-866-UVFOCUS.
- Read and heed all safety warnings on instructions, spec sheets, cartons and fixtures.
- These products are for indoor use only.
- Avoid direct exposure to the UVC illumination. These rays are harmful to your eyes and skin.
- GUA S sconces are to be mounted on walls only at a minimum height of 8 feet. This measurement is from the floor to the bottom of the fixture. Do not install this fixture in any way other than what is recommended. The GUA S is not to be used in any area with a ceiling height less than 9 feet.
- GUA P pendant fixtures are to be hung at a minimum height of 8 feet. This measurement is from the floor to the bottom of the fixture. Do not install this fixture in any way other than what is recommended. The GUA P is not to be used in any area with a ceiling height less than 9 feet. This fixture is meant to be hung inverted, with the light aiming upward. Do not mount upside down.
- Both the GUA S and GUA P fixtures must be hung or mounted at a perfectly level orientation. Any tilt in these fixtures could allow UVC exposure to people. The GUA S must be completely flush mounted to the wall.
- With the GUA series, beware of any potentially exposed areas above the luminaire – such as stair landings, balconies, mezzanines and the like – where people can be exposed to the UVC light. Do not install these fixtures in these areas.
- The GCD direct UVC luminaire is intended to be used in unoccupied rooms only
- Beware that other objects in the room (other light fixtures, exit/emergency lighting, signage, ceiling tiles etc.) may degrade over time if exposed to UVC light if these items are not constructed of UV-resistant material. Please shield all plants in the UVC irradiation zone from exposure as UVC can be damaging to plants. Direct exposure to rubber, plastic and other non-metals can cause degradation or color fade over time, so take precaution and shield any materials that could be affected.
- Please ensure that there is no power to the luminaire if you are in the process of installing or performing maintenance on the unit.
- Do not power on the unit if it is not properly grounded.
- Do not alter these products in any way, or remove any safety or warning labels. If labels become illegible over time, contact the factory for new ones.
- UVC lamps used in these products contain mercury. Please use caution and properly dispose of any burnt-out lamps in accordance with local regulations. In the unlikely event of lamp breakage, make sure to ventilate the room, and remove the parts. Make sure not to use a vacuum cleaner to collect shards. Be careful while handling glass parts.